Monday, August 5, 2013

Three aboard the Tip Top III


After all of the chaos of the day, which I keep hearing is very normal for the islands,  we found our guide and then came to the boat, where we were told it would just be the 3 of us.  I first thought that they would just cancel the trip, but some law requires that they go on their assigned routes each week, no matter what.  so the boat launches with very few people,  the crew seem to think it is light, but not so unusual. 

Right now, I am relaxing after dinner on the second level rear deck of the boat.  There are 3 levels.   I have to activity seek out anyone else on board.  It's amazing,  I feel like I own this boat.

Somehow,  we have basically wound up with a private yacht with our own nature guide for excursions for 4 days.  There is one other passenger other than my wife and I.  We have a nature guide, captain,  cook and first mate.  We are outnumbered by the crew.

I'm planning to sleep on deck a bit,  watching the small lighthouse sweep the harbor while the breezes and the small waves lap at the ship.  I hope to awake near midnight,  when our yacht sets sail for a nearby island,  leaving the few lights of Galapagos' main town behind.

Tomorrow, we have a pretty full agenda of hikes and snorkeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment